So Called "HOME"

 


                                              Photo: Asian Institue of Technology located in Pathum Thani


From Sittwe to Pathum Thani

 

The journey was not as easy as it used to be when I was flying back and forth from Myanmar to Thailand in 2019. Everything was so easy at that time since the ERI helped us with everything starting from visa process including show money at the bank till buying air ticket for us. Everything was so smooth and sophisticated at that that. We did not need to worry anything about the travel process as well as how we were going to live in Chiang Mai. Of course, most importantly, there was not Covid 19 affecting around the world at that time.

 

On the other hand, the most recent arrival to Thailand for me was one of the hardest experiences in my entire life. The Covid was affecting all of the globe including Myanmar and Thiland which are being severely affected by the Covid increasing hundreds and thousands of deaths per day in sometime in both of the countries. This situation had led to travel restrictions imposed by both of the countries as well as immediate and frequent closure of the embassy which are making the visa process being delayed.

 

Apart from the Covid, there were also social issues and financial issues that I had to deal with. Breaking up with my boyfriend and trying to cut off some of the social talks are the main social issues that I have been encountering. In terms of financial issues, lack of enough or I have to say almost no money to buy the Mac book or personal computer before the start of the program used to be the main financial issue that I had to sort out. I also had to incur cost for visa process, buying ticket for BKK which is almost three times more expensive than before and extra living costs in Yangon since I could not make the visa in time due to the closure of Royal Thai Embassy.

 

Despite all of the above-mentioned stressful problems, I felt the sense of home as soon as the flight has been landed Bangkok and I was heading to Pathum Thani from the airport by van. All of the hardships I have been encountering in my third time of Thailand from Myanmar couldn’t afford to take away the sense of belongness of Thailand to me. I feel home now and then I believe all of the remaining problems will get smaller upon my arrival of “home”.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragedy of Life

Personal Transformative Story with Jeff Satur

Who Creates Climate Change and Who Suffers?