A small piece of Hope


Day "13" of Quarantine


photo- internet

Well........, it has been almost 13 days I arrived Thailand for the third time and the first time to Asian Institute of Technology. Of course, the Pandemic did not post an easy entrance to Thailand. Starting from the closure of Royal Thai Embassy and waiting for almost a month for the reopening of Embassy in Yangon to the process of doing quarantine for 14 days at the University was already proven my tough journey into Thailand. On the other side, nothing can stop my enthusiasm to come to Thailand to fulfill my long awaited dream of studying Master degree in the area which I really do want to explore.

It is a long story to write about my enthusiasm here, so let me just leave that part. I will be coming to that part at some time.

Do you think staying in an almost 18 sq meter room for two weeks is easy? I don't think so, but I do have much big problems. Sometimes I am just gazing at the big greeny trees from my balcony and wish to walk around the campus. Sometimes I can't stop my mind thinking about wandering the campus when I see people biking around from my balcony. Sometimes I imagine I was taking a long breath at the top of very beautiful mountains. Sometimes I imagine I was sitting beside the beach at the gulf of Thailand holding a can of beer in my hand and feeling the toughness of the waves coming to the beach. Sometimes I imagine I was in a camping holding a cup of coffee and gazing at breathtaking views of the mountains ranges in the morning when I wake up from bed. Sometimes, when I heard the aircraft flying over the sky at night, I imagine the stunning clouds above the sky. Sometimes, when I felt hungry at the middle of the night, I wish to go the 7/11 to pick up my favorite yogurt drink. Sometimes, when I can't eat the chicken curry in the meals, I just wish to eat my mom's curry. 

Anyway, if I get tested negative for my last Covid swab test, I will be able to move to self-isolation phase and I can take breath the air of AIT campus outside of the small room for 180 minutes per day at least. That's a small piece of hope that I have for the day after tomorrow!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragedy of Life

Personal Transformative Story with Jeff Satur

Who Creates Climate Change and Who Suffers?